UD CROWDFUNDING POLICIES
Before fundraising, please review the following UD Crowdfunding Policies. The University of Delaware reserves the right to change these policies at any time.
The University of Delaware's Crowdfunding Committee, in its sole discretion, will select the participating projects for UD's online crowdfunding platform, GiveCorps. The University of Delaware reserves the right to discontinue an active fundraiser at any time for any reason, without notice, including, and without limitation, because of a group's eligibility status or a group's failure to comply with the University of Delaware's policies.
To ensure compliance with University of Delaware policies, all projects must have a UD approved development account into which funds will be distributed. If a group or project does not have a UD development account already created, the University of Delaware's Development and Alumni Relations Office will determine whether or not the project/group qualifies for its own development account.
A UD Crowdfunding Lead Ambassador must also be appointed for every project. UD Crowdfunding Lead Ambassadors are the primary fundraising individuals that are responsible to promote their cause in the following ways:
·Provide photo(s) that represent their group or project;
·Create a video to support the need;
·Clearly write the project's goal;
·Develop a target audience comprised of email addresses of interested parties;
·Commit to enlisting a minimum of five (5) social media volunteer ambassadors to help spread the word;
·Prepare personal thank-you messages to donors, and submit updates on how they will be spending the funds (for example, notifying donors through the crowdfunding platform that the group reached their goal and will now be purchasing new equipment this month);
·UD Crowdfunding Lead Ambassadors should send out at least one email to friends and family soliciting for their cause, one email thanking friends and family that participate, and at least three social media updates; use of existing social media groups of the same interest that are managed by the group, is recommended, ie. Chorale Facebook Group receives campaign information about raising funds for Chorale trip to Europe.
·Note: Projects that have more outreach are more likely to succeed. Research shows that groups with 30% fulfillment of their goal within 48 hours are most likely to achieve their total goal.
The University of Delaware will not provide any contact data on alumni, parents, friends or students. It is up to the UD Crowdfunding Lead Ambassadors to contact their own personal affinities. For more information on ways to promote your fundraising page, please contact Dana Martin, Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement email@example.com.
The University of Delaware's Development and Alumni Relations team will provide all official tax receipts issued to donors.
All funds raised for one of the selected projects outside the UD crowdfunding platform must be delivered to the Development and Alumni Relations Office for deposit. All monies raised will be used for the stated intention. Funds raised during the project will be deposited into an official University of Delaware development account. Account allocations must be set up prior to launching a project.
Premiums and services are not to be used to induce gifts. Incentives and sales, such as, and without limitation, bake sales, t-shirt giveaways, car washes, or similar events or activities, are not permissible, as it affects a donor's right to a full tax deduction for his/her gift.
UD Crowdfunding Ambassadors are strictly prohibited from keeping any portion of the funds raised as a profit or compensation.
Each project will be hosted on the crowdfunding platform for a pre-determined amount of time, no more than 4-6 weeks, though some exceptions may apply (note: quick campaigns tend to drive urgency and perform better). If the project is not funded within the allotted timeframe, the funds raised will still be allocated to the project; however, the University of Delaware will remove the project from the crowdfunding platform and will no longer actively market the project. Any monies raised, even without meeting the final goal, should be spent to offset the cost of the promoted project.
The same group may not fundraise in back to back terms; however, it may be considered again following its project end date.
UD Crowdfunding Ambassadors are responsible for promoting their own campaign to their own prospects via social media, email communications, and on campus, when appropriate; preparing personal thank-you messages to donors; and submitting regular updates on their project.
When possible, Crowdfunding Ambassadors should provide the University their list of potential donors at the time of project submission. This may help the Crowdfunding Committee determine the eligibility of a project.
Projects should have specific goals and be driven by tangible accomplishments – for example, buying new club equipment, funding Alternative Break travel fees, or providing student workshop opportunities. Projects without a specific goal are generally less successful and may not qualify for their own project page.
All content on project pages will be approved by the University of Delaware. UD has the right to edit, or require edits by the Crowdfunding Ambassadors, at any point in the campaign.
The University of Delaware reserves the right to decline any project based on content or discontinue an active fundraiser at any time due to changes in the group's eligibility status.
The University of Delaware is a 501c3 non-profit educational institution with a mission to provide excellent teaching, research, and public service. In order for Crowdfunding Ambassadors to ask for a gift of any amount to the University, all gifts must be compliant with the institution's mission. Projects must align with UD's purpose. Projects cannot violate any laws. All gifts must be spent on the project's expenses as stipulated on the project's crowdfunding platform and in the anticipated timeframe per campaign. Projects must support UD programs and initatives. Funds cannot be redirected to a third-party, external charity such as the ALS Foundation, Big Brothers and Big Sisters, etc. Funds cannot be raised as a “Pass Through" to other charities.
Network For Good Terms & Conditions
This Network for Good Services Agreement ("Agreement"), which includes Part A (General Terms and Conditions) and Part B (Service/Function Terms and Conditions) is made and entered into as of the date accepted by You and is by and between Network for Good, a New York corporation, having its principal place of business located at 1140 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036 United States ("Network for Good"), and the corporation whose name, address, and other contact information is set forth on the lines indicated at the end of this Agreement ("You").
THIS AGREEMENT IS EXECUTED ELECTRONICALLY. BY CLICKING THE "I AGREE TO ABIDE BY NETWORK FOR GOOD'S TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT RADIO BUTTON OR CHECKBOX", YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THE NETWORK FOR GOOD SERVICES AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THAT YOU ARE AUTHORIZED TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT, AND THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS LEGALLY BINDING ON YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT YOU SHALL NOT PARTICIPATE IN OR USE THE NETWORK FOR GOOD SERVICES, RECEIVE ANY RIGHTS FROM NETWORK FOR GOOD, OR ACCESS OR USE ANY MATERIALS OF NETWORK FOR GOOD.
All Network for Good Services offered on and through its Internet website, or otherwise, and subscribed to by You will be referred to collectively as the "Services."
(General Terms and Conditions)
YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD NETWORK FOR GOOD, ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS AGAINST ANY LOSS, CLAIM, EXPENSE (INCLUDING COURT COSTS AND ATTORNEY FEES) OR LIABILITY OF WHATEVER KIND ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR AND/OR YOUR ACCESS HOLDERS' USE OF THE SERVICES.
The Services include online help functions and a "Frequently Asked Questions" section to assist You and Access Holders in the use of the Services. Network for Good currently makes customer support and services available to You and Access Holders, at no cost to You, via telephone and email on weekdays between 9:00AM and 7:00PM Eastern time, excluding holidays that are recognized by Network for Good, however, the provision of such services is subject to change, in Network for Good's sole discretion.
Network for Good reserves the right to review all applications for service that accompany this signed agreement and may approve or reject applications at its sole discretion.
2. Data. You shall be solely responsible for the quality and accuracy of all data that You or Your Access Holders enter into the Services. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, as against Network for Good, such data shall be Your sole property. Network for Good shall keep all data pertaining to You and Your Access Holders stored in the Services confidential and shall not disclose such data to anyone except employees, agents, and contractors of Network for Good who need to know the same in order to facilitate the performance of their duties. Network for Good will exercise reasonable care in the protection of Your data and will maintain reasonable data integrity safeguards against the deletion or alteration of Your data. If any data is lost or destroyed because of any act or omission of Network for Good or any noncompliance with Network for Good's obligations under this Agreement, then Network for Good will, at its own expense, use commercially reasonable efforts to reconstruct such data as soon as possible. Network for Good will store and safeguard storage media containing Your data when in the custody of Network for Good. You acknowledge and accept that the Services will be unavailable when Network for Good is backing up data or undergoing regular system maintenance.
3. Improvements. Network for Good may update or otherwise modify the Services at any time for any reason in Network for Good's sole discretion. Network for Good may shut down the Services for maintenance and development work when necessary. You acknowledge that You are familiar with the Services' functions, and that the Services are sufficient without modification to meet Your and Your Access Holders' requirements. Network for Good shall have no obligation whatsoever to customize, modify or improve the Services.
4. Ownership of the Services. As among Network for Good, You and Your Access Holders, Network for Good shall be the sole and exclusive owner of the Services, all materials in respect of the Services supplied to You and Your Access Holders, all new versions, improvements, enhancements, additions and modifications to the Services or such materials, all copyright, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property rights related to the Services and such materials, and all tangible media on which the Services and such materials are maintained. You and Your Access Holders shall have no claim or right whatsoever in respect of the Services except for the limited license to use the Services granted herein and the return of Your data on the Services as provided herein. You and Your Access Holders may not use, copy, modify, transfer, or make any derivative works of all or any part of the Services, any materials in respect of the Services, or any copy, adaptation, transcription, or merged portion thereof, except as expressly permitted hereunder. If You or any Access Holder undertakes any such prohibited action, Your license shall be automatically terminated.
5. No Warranties. NETWORK FOR GOOD MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY AS TO NON- INFRINGEMENT, THE PERFORMANCE RESULTS OF THE SERVICES, THE OPERATION, CAPACITY, SPEED, FUNCTIONALITY, QUALIFICATIONS, OR CAPABILITIES OF THE SERVICES, OR THE RESULTS OR EFFICACY OF ANY SERVICES OR ADVICE AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER. NETWORK FOR GOOD MAKES NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE SERVICES IN FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES OR COMMUNICATIONS AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE ANY GRANTS OR DONATIONS AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. You are responsible for determining whether the Services will achieve Your desired results. Network for Good does not warrant that the Services will be accessible at all times and, further, You understand that the Services may be unavailable during maintenance or at such other times as Network for Good deems necessary. Network for Good's liability to You under this Agreement shall be limited to the aggregate of all amounts paid by You to Network for Good under Sections 8.3, 9.4 and/or 10.4 (fees) within three (3) months of the date of the applicable claim. You may not bring any action, regardless of form, in connection with this Agreement more than one year after accrual of such action.
6. Term and Termination.
You have entered into either a month-to-month or annual arrangement for Services. If a month-to-month arrangement, the term of Service for which this Agreement shall apply will continue monthly, until terminated by either You or Network for Good. If an annual arrangement, then the term of Service for which this Agreement shall apply will continue for one year from the date service commenced and automatically renews for one year terms thereafter, or until terminated by either You or Network for Good.
Network for Good shall have the right in Network for Good's sole discretion to immediately terminate this Agreement at any time, upon written notice to You.
You may terminate this Agreement by giving Network for Good at least thirty (30) calendar days prior written notice of such termination and the date on which the termination will be effective.
If You terminate this Agreement prior to the expiration of the then current term, whether monthly or annual arrangement, the balance of any unpaid amounts owed for the remainder of that term will be charged in full at the time of termination.
7. Entire Agreement; Modification; Waiver. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to the matters set forth herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations, and understandings of the parties. Network for Good reserves the right to supplement, modify, or amend the Agreement at any time and provide notice to You of changes. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed, or shall constitute, a waiver of any other provision, whether or not similar, nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver. This Agreement shall be executed electronically.
If You agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, You should review the information set forth above. By selecting the agree to Terms of Service radio button or checkbox and clicking the "Confirm and Submit" or "Submit" button, You represent and warrant that You have read, understand, and agree to all of the terms of this Agreement, are authorized to enter into this Agreement, and that this Agreement is legally binding upon You. Network for Good automatically accepts and agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement at the time You click on the "Confirm and Submit" or "Submit" button. Once this Agreement is completed and accepted, You should print a complete copy for Your records. If You do not wish to agree to be bound by this Agreement, then You must not check the Terms of Agreement and You shall not participate in or use the Network for Good services, receive any rights from Network for Good, or access or use any materials of Network for Good.
(Service/Function Terms and Conditions)
8. Electronic Communication Functions. If You are subscribing to one or more of Network for Good's services that includes electronic communication capabilities, including email, messaging, or other communication service (including Constant Contact and EventsNow) ("Communication Functions"), Section 8 and its subsections apply specifically to You. If You are not subscribing to any of these services, Section 8 and its subsections do not apply to You.
8.1 Use Restrictions. Communication Functions are designed to enable You and Access Holders to communicate. You agree (and must require all Access Holders to agree) to use the Communication Functions only to transmit messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular Communication Function. ANY IMPROPER USE OF THE COMMUNICATION FUNCTIONS WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT. By way of example, and not as a limitation, You and each Access Holder agree that when using a Communication Function, he, she, or it will not:
· Use the Communication Functions in connection with pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
· Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any materials that violate any legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity, intellectual property rights, or any other legal rights) of others, or otherwise violate any such rights using the Services.
· Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, image, material or information.
· Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any topic, name, material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards one person or a group because of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or national origin, or that insults the victims of crimes against humanity by contesting the existence of those crimes.
· Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer or property of another.
· Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Function that You or access Holder, as applicable, knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
· Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
· Restrict or inhibit any other authorized user from using and enjoying the Communication Functions.
· Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
· Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
8.2 License. Network for Good hereby grants a limited, worldwide, nonexclusive, nontransferable, and non-sublicensable right and license to access and use the Services to You and Your Access Holders for the term of this Agreement. Network for Good reserves all other rights with respect to the Services that are not expressly granted to You herein.
8.3 Fees. You will pay Network for Good a recurring subscription fee. The amount of the recurring fees are set forth on Network for Good's current pricing schedule (less discounts, if applicable), which is subject to change, from time to time, in Network for Good's sole discretion. You acknowledge that You have reviewed and agree to Network for Good's current pricing schedule. Network for Good will track Your list size and usage and charge You, on a recurring basis, for the costs incurred during the previous month.
8.4 Right to Terminate Access. Network for Good has no obligation to monitor the Communication Functions. However, Network for Good reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Function and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. Network for Good reserves the right to immediately terminate Your or Access Holder's access to any or all of the Communication Functions at any time, without notice, for any violation of the standards set forth above.
8.5 Rights Reserved. Network for Good reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as it deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Network for Good's sole discretion. In addition, Network for Good has the right to use aggregated data about Your usage of the Services in Network for Good's marketing or other materials.
9. DonateNow (Special Provisions) . If You are subscribing to any DonateNow services, which include any other DonateNow bundle, function or service provided by Network for Good ("DonateNow Services"), Section 9 and its subsections apply specifically to You. If You are not subscribing to the DonateNow Services, Section 9 and its subsections do not apply to You. You hereby represent that You are, or are collecting funds as a legally authorized agent of, a Code section 501(c)(3) organization classified as a public charity under Code section 509(a).
9.1 Obligations. The contribution to Your charity is being made to Network for Good, a Delaware nonprofit corporation and donor advised fund (tax ID 68-0480736)("NFG-DAF"), which NFG-DAF will distribute to You, provided that You are a public charity in good standing with the IRS at the time of the distribution, with such status to be determined by NFG-DAF in its reasonable discretion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Network for Good shall receive and transmit any payments processed by the DonateNow Program that represents any goods and/or services provided to a donor in exchange for a donor's contribution to You as Your agent providing such services to You. As required by the Code and Internal Revenue Service ("IRS"), NFG-DAF has exclusive legal control over the donation. During the term of this Agreement, Network for Good agrees to (i) maintain the DonateNow Program, (ii) maintain such functionality as is necessary so that donors can direct donations to You, (iii) collect all donations directed to You, and grant the proceeds thereof, net of the costs and expenses set forth in Section 9.4, to You, (iv) provide an email receipt to each donor, and (v) provide You the ability to view donation information maintained by Network for Good and NFG-DAF. During the term of this Agreement, You agree to notify Network for Good immediately if there is a material change to any of the information provided on Grantee's application to participate in the DonateNow Program. AS INDICATED BELOW, DONATENOW PROVIDES YOU ACCESS TO CERTAIN DATA REPORTS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REGULARLY REVIEW THESE USER DATA REPORTS AND REPORT ANY CONCERNS TO NETWORK FOR GOOD IN A TIMELY MANNER; FAILURE TO REVIEW AND REPORT WILL LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND OUR ABILITY AND OBLIGATION TO ADDRESS YOUR CONCERNS.
9.2 License to Grantee. Network for Good hereby grants to You a limited, non- exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable right to (i) access the functionality maintained on Network for Good's secure server through hypertext links incorporated into Your website solely in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, and (ii) solely in connection with such hypertext links, use the logos, trade names, trademarks, promotional text, DonateNow button design and similar identifying material (collectively, the "Licensed Materials") of Network for Good that Network for Good specifically provides to You for such purpose. You are only entitled to use the Licensed Materials to the extent that You are a member in good standing of the DonateNow Program. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Network for Good is and shall remain the sole owner of all content on the Network for Good website and all of the Licensed Materials.
9.3 General Conditions. You agree not to use the Licensed Materials in any manner that is disparaging or that otherwise portrays Network for Good in a negative light. Network for Good reserves all of its respective rights in the Licensed Materials covered by the licenses granted in this Section 9. Network for Good may revoke the license at any time by giving You written notice. Other than the licenses granted in this Agreement, Network for Good retains all right, title, and interest in and to its Licensed Materials and all of its other proprietary materials, including any copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and all other intellectual rights and any goodwill embodied therein, and no right, title, or interest is transferred to You. You agree that Network for Good is the sole owner and/or valid licensee of all of the trademarks, copyright and all other intellectual property contained or embodied in the Network for Good website and that You shall not have any ownership or any other rights with respect to all or any portion of the Network for Good website.
9.4 Grants; Fees. As required by the Code and the IRS, any donations made using the DonateNow Program are made to NFG-DAF, and NFG-DAF has exclusive legal control over such donations. A donor has the right to recommend to Network for Good that it distribute such donations to You. Network for Good shall grant such donations to You provided that You are a public charity in good standing with the IRS at the time of the distribution, with such status to be determined by NFG-DAF in its reasonable discretion. As donations are not refundable to the donor, NFG-DAF retains the right to re-grant donations to another charity if You are no longer in good standing as a public charity with the IRS, if You appear on the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) list of organizations with suspected ties to terrorism or if You have not cashed checks issued by NFG-DAF to You within 6 months of the date of issue. Pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, NFG-DAF shall distribute to You the aggregate amount of the donations that a donor recommends be distributed to You through the DonateNow Program and actually collected by NFG-DAF, less any amounts retained by Network for Good and NFG-DAF for processing costs. You shall pay to Network for Good recurring service fees, one-time fees, and/or transaction fees (as each may be applicable) ("Fees"). The amount of the Fees shall be as set forth on Network for Good's then-current pricing schedule (less discounts, if applicable) which is subject to change, from time to time, in Network for Good's sole discretion. You acknowledge that You have reviewed and agree to the current pricing and donation processing schedules. Each grant shall be made to You within thirty (30) days after the end of each month and shall be accompanied by a statement showing the donations collected and the amount retained by Network for Good. Network for Good shall charge You, for Fees incurred.
9.6 Cancelled Contributions.
(1) Donor Initiated Credit Card Contribution Cancellations: All donations processed by NFG-DAF are final and may not be refunded.
(2) Credit Card Company Charge Backs and Disputed Charges: In the event Network for Good receives notification of a charge back or a disputed charge from a credit card company as a result of a donation granted to You:
A. Network for Good will contact the donor via email and carbon copy (cc) You on this email. Network for Good will inform the donor You have partnered with Network for Good to process Your online donations, inform the donor how they can continue with their donation, and inform the donor that canceling their donation will require You to refund their contribution to Network for Good.
B. If the donor does not respond affirmatively to continue with their donation or clear the charge back with their bank within thirty (30) calendar days, then You will be required to return the charge back donation amount to Network for Good within forty-five (45) calendar days from the original email notification.
C. Network for Good shall have the right to:
1. Deduct charge back amounts from Your future grant checks until the charge back and related administrative fees are paid in full, if the charge back amount is greater than $100.
2. Terminate any of Your access to Your account, as well as suspend, cancel, or terminate Your account for nonpayment of credit card charge backs.
3. Pursue any necessary legal action in order to recover the disputed charge back amounts. You acknowledge and agree that if Network For Good finds You did not, in good faith, attempt to refund Network for Good with the charge back amount in question, then You will pay for all of Network for Good's expenses (including, but not limited to, courts costs and attorney fees) related to any legal action initiated for the purpose of recovering the disputed charge back amounts from You.
10.2 Relationship. You agree and acknowledge that Network for Good receives and transmits any payments processed using EventsNow as Your agent providing such services to You. As a result, all payments received through EventsNow are solicited and received by You and held by NFG on Your behalf. Therefore, You are responsible for complying with all federal and applicable state and local laws relating to such fund-raising activities, including providing appropriate gift receipts as required under the IRC and state and local fund-raising and solicitation requirements.
10.3 Representations and Warranties. Network for Good and givezooks! make no representations or warranties regarding the applicability of tax laws to You, such as your ability to receive tax deductions or other tax benefits in connection with donations made through the EventsNow service.
10.5 Fees. For each event ticket sale made through the EventsNow service, You will pay Network for Good a transaction fee of 5.5% of the ticket price plus $0.99 per ticket/donation. This transaction fee is subject to change, from time to time, in Network for Good's sole discretion. You acknowledge that You have reviewed and agree to Network for Good's current pricing schedule.
11 Special Provisions Relating to Donors and Other Members. The following additional terms of the UA apply to those users who sign up for an account and/or donate to a project on the Website ("Member").
11.1 Member Responsibilities. If you choose to become a member and create an account with us, you will need to provide certain information such as a user ID and password. We will also ask you to provide certain personal information, such as first name, last name, and email address, in creating your user profile. Once created, the user profile will be viewable by the general public. You will have the option to disable or remove viewable public information at any time by changing your preferences in your profile settings. You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password (which you will receive upon completing the process of registering as a Member) for access to Member-restricted portions of the Website, and shall not share your ID and password with anyone else. You agree not to use the account, user ID, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to anyone else. You agree to exit (or log-off) from your account at the end of each session and to immediately notify GiveLink at help@GiveCorps.com of any unauthorized use of your password or account. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account and for any actions that take place from the use of your account. You also agree that we or third parties acting on our behalf may send you emails regarding important information regarding your use of the Website and other electronic communications such as newsletters, promotional materials and so on. You may opt out of receiving the newsletters and other promotional messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email, but you may not opt-out of receiving important items regarding the use of the Website or your account and the like. All suggestions and comments you provide become the intellectual property of GiveLink.
We reserve the right to exclude, suspend or otherwise limit any Member's use of the Website, in our sole discretion. All directions and requirements stated on the Website regarding Members or donations shall apply to any donation offered or made by you.
11.3 Disclaimers and Important Donation Information. (1) Donations made on the Website in support of a project or charity are complete and final charitable gifts to the designated foundation and are not refundable. You understand that the Website provides an opportunity for you as a donor to indicate preferences for the specific projects that you choose. The designated foundation makes every effort to honor Member suggested donation directives, but cannot guaranty that it will do so. Neither GiveLink nor the designated foundation shall be responsible for or held liable for the ultimate handling of such preferences. You acknowledge that any designation of a donation's use is merely an expression of preference and does not give rise to any contractual obligations on our or the foundation's part. If for any reason the project cannot move forward, all donations made to the project will be retained by the designated foundation in accordance with its policies as published by the foundation. You should review the designated foundation's policies and terms of agreement before making any donation. (2) When you make a donation, the designated foundation will re-grant a percentage portion (such as 90%) of the amount of the donation to your specified project. The amount that is retained by the foundation is kept to cover its expenses, including amounts for credit card processing fees, and an administrative fee. You will receive an acknowledgement of the donation immediately from the foundation when the donation is made, and typically a "thank you" letter from the charity running the project that you donated to after they receive your re-granted donation from the foundation, which could be days or up to 3 weeks after you make the donation, depending on when the foundation funds the projects and campaigns. (3) Only the authorized credit card holder may donate on the Website. A third party may not use the Member's card information or enter donations on behalf of the Member. We may report any such abuses to the appropriate authorities. (4) GiveLink cannot be responsible for the success of any proposed or funded projects or for the activities (or lack thereof) of the Nonprofits.